Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.
(Heb 10:24-25 NLT)
Toophan was 16 when his father died and his mother abandoned him. Now responsible for the wellbeing of himself and his younger brothers, Toophan worked hard as a day laborer. When Toophan met Pastor Kauri, he learned about the gospel for the first time. He and his brothers were baptized last year, and their lives were impacted so deeply by their new faith, that Toophan has opened his house to regularly conduct worship services.
- For Toophan’s remote village, where 10 of the 22 local families meet in Toophan’s house for worship.
- That the members of Toophan’s church motivate each other, serve each other, meet regularly, and encourage each other.
- For the spiritual growth of all the members of Toophan’s church.
Go and announce to them that the Kingdom of Heaven is near.
Heal the sick, raise the dead,cure those with leprosy, and cast out demons. Give as freely as you have received!
(Matthew 10:7-8 NLT)
Sheetal is a tailoring student at our Lighthouse center in Delhi. A week ago her brother-in-law drank acid and attempted suicide. He was immediately taken to the hospital and when the doctors had given up hope, she prayed for him and he was healed.
- For the heart of Sheetal’s brother-in-law (we’ll call him Abhijay). That his physical healing manifests itself as a spiritual healing, and that he now believes in the hope given through Christ.
- For Abhijay’s family, and the circumstances which led him to attempt to take his life.
- In thanksgiving, for the faithfulness of Sheetal. It was her faith and belief in God’s power that healed her
- For the doctors who witnessed Abhijay’s healing. That they will come to believe in Jesus though their witness of His grace and mercy.